At 6th Grade Academy, you will find a community of learners, both teachers and students, dedicated to growing and learning. We make every effort, every day to meet students’ individual needs academically, socially, and emotionally. This commitment to our students can be found in the high expectations set for our students. We fully choose to live out our Mission statement: “At 6th Grade Academy we are charting the course…providing a safe environment where students can achieve proficiency in the academic areas.”
Parents, please click on the link and take a few moments to read over our handbook, so you are familiar with its contents. This was prepared to answer any questions you may have concerning school procedures and rules. Of course, all of the 6th Grade Academy Staff stands ready to answer any further questions you may have.
As always, we look forward to a partnership with you in your child’s educational success this year. We know that it is only by working together as a team that our students will be able to reach their full potential and live out the 6th Grade Academy Statement.
Forrest City School District New Dress Code Policy
Effective 2016-2017 School Year
Clothing should be clean and neat, and the students should be dressed in a manner suitable to an educational setting. If the principal, or designee, determines that a student's dress or grooming is unacceptable, the student will be disciplined accordingly.
All clothing must be properly worn. (Snaps snapped, buckles buckled, buttons buttoned, zippers zipped, etc.) The dress code will be enforced at all times, including special school activities.
1. Students are not allowed to wear clothing that is indecent, disrespectful provocative or revealing. No articles of clothing will be permitted that displays profanity, nudity, suggestive comments or those that advertise or support drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
2. Any accessory or manner of wearing clothing that is deemed related to gangs, sororities, fraternities, secret societies, or other inappropriate symbols will not be allowed. This includes gang signs or graffiti, wearing of gang colors, clothing, and jewelry.
3. Shirts or tops should not expose cleavage and must be long enough to completely cover the midriff when arms are raised above the head. Strapless, tank and sheer shirts are not allowed. Tops should not extend past the wrist when the arms are hanging loosely at the sides.
4. Inappropriate head coverings such as bandanas, scarves, sweatbands, caps, do-rags, sunglasses, combs, picks, towels, headwraps or hairnets are not to be worn at school. Head coverings that relate to a student’s religion or for documented health reasons will be allowed. Hats and hoods are not to be worn inside the building at any time.
5. Bottoms: Skirts, shorts and dresses should come within 3 inches of the knee and skirts should be without slits. Khaki and jeans (non stretch) material are permitted Leggings and pajama pants are not permitted. Holes in pants are not permitted.
6. Pants must be worn at the waist. No SAGGING. Clothing must be sized appropriately as oversized clothing will not be allowed. Garments should not be visible if worn under pants.
7. Shoes with a back enclosure must be worn at all times. Slippers, slide-ins and house shoes are not permitted.
I Minimum Penalty: Principal Conference Classes missed waiting on clothes or the time it takes to change clothes will count as an absence and against exemptions for semester exams.
Maximum Penalty: Expulsion
PLEASE BRING BOXTOPS FOR OUR AR PROGRAM!
Posted Date: 04/06/2021
6th Grade Academy Mission Statement
6th Grade Academy will use research-based instructional strategies to provide opportunities for enrichment and accelerated achievement in literacy, mathematics, and science. We will strive to meet the needs of the whole child and maximize parental involvement and preparation for college by providing a safe environment where students can achieve proficiency in the academic areas.
6th Grade Academy Vision Statement
6th Grade Academy will become an ideal school. It will be known for its highly qualified teachers, friendly staff, and enthusiastic students. Achievement scores will increase while discipline problems decrease. 6th Grade Academy administration, faculty, and staff will be recognized for their great strides in quality education.